School 33 Art Center 2016 Call for Proposals: Project Space Gallery
Application Deadline: Monday, April 4, 2016
No application fee.
School 33 Art Center is now accepting proposals for the next three exhibitions in our 165 sq ft Project Space. Exhibitions will be approximately two months long and correspond with the exhibit dates of the Main Gallery and Members Gallery from July through January of 2016.
This application is free of charge and open to all. The application deadline is Monday night, April 4, 2016, at 11:59pm.
With the Project Space, School 33 Art Center is committed to providing opportunities for emerging artists to present intimate bodies of work, or to realize experimental installations that they may not otherwise have the support in doing. We are open to video projections, installations, mini-exhibitions, or any other ideas for which this would be an ideal space.
1. 5-10 jpeg images of recent work. Image files should be titled exactly as follows: last name first, first name, and number corresponding to the image description sheet. Images should be sized at 72 dpi, not to exceed 5MB. If submitting video, combined files should not exceed 10 minutes. See application for accepted formats.
2. Image description sheet (title, medium, dimensions, year created)
3. 1-2 page artist résumé with complete contact information (name, address, email address, phone number/s) saved as a .DOC or .PDF.
4. Artist Statement, written with consideration to the proposed show, saved as a .DOC or PDF.
5. A detailed written description of your project, no longer than one page in length. Proposals should include needs such as hardware, pedestals, and / or tech. Also please include your availability / the possibility for completion of the work by each of the following dates: July 1, September 9, & November 25, 2016.
6. A drawing or digital representation of your proposed project, in jpg format, at 72dpi, not to exceed 5MB.
Artists will be notified of the results on Friday, April 15, 2016.
Late entries or works not conforming to these guidelines will not be reviewed. If you have questions, please contact:
Melissa Webb, Exhibitions Manager, School 33 Art Center & Baltimore Office of Promotion & the Arts- MWebb@promotionandarts.org or 443-263-4352.
Please do not apply if you have had a solo exhibit at School 33 within the last three years. If you are interested in becoming a member of School 33, or wish to renew your membership, renew your membership, please visit http://school33.org/index.cfm?page=support or call 443-263-4350.
For over 35 years, School 33 Art Center has been the bridge between contemporary artists and the viewing public. School 33 is dedicated to providing opportunities for visual and performing artists through solo and group exhibitions, art classes, hands-on workshops, a Studio Artist Program and special events. A program of the Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts, School 33 is supported in part by the Maryland State Arts Council and through private contributions, and is the proud recipient of an Artistic Innovation and Collaboration grant from the Robert Rauschenberg Foundation.